I am what you would call a clothes HOARDER. If theres even a slight possible chance that I would wear it I will never throw it away. It could be a pair of skinny jeans from when I was in 8th grade and I’ll think to myself ” these might fit me one day, I can’t throw them.” But recently I’ve been looking into trying to turn myself into a minimalist. I think decluttering my life will help me stay on track and organized, I also think I need to start thinking of quality rather than quantity so I am saying goodbye to the cheap fabricated Forever 21 clothes and hello to Kittsona (AKA my favorite local boutique) its on the expensive side but their clothes are fabulous. Don’t get me wrong Forever 21 has some amazingly cute clothes but when your closet is full of clothes you only wore once and already have a hole you start to think its time for a change. So here are 5 questions you should ask yourself when cleaning out your closet….
- 1. Does it still fit? If the answer is no toss it. Im the queen at saying this may fit me one day and even if one day thats true there is a good chance I won’t wear it anyways.
- 2. Have I worn it in the last 12 months? If you haven’t worn it in a year you obviously have no use for it. So say goodbye.
- 3. If I saw it in a store now, would I buy it?
- 4.Do I love the way it looks on me? If you’re going to own a piece of clothing you might as well love the way you look in it. Never keep a clothing item that doesn’t make you feel like the queen you are.
- 5. Is it damaged? Most people will toss out a clothing item if it is damaged but if you’re me, you keep it in hopes that by leaving it in your closet it will somehow magically repair itself.